Monday, March 30, 2015

Time for another Classic Club Spin

classicsclub  The Classics Club has announced that there is going to be another Spin #9, so I will find out next Monday, April 6th what my book will be. I have until Friday May 15th to finish the book that is chosen. In case you don't know what the classics club spin is, here are more details of the "rules". Last time I got and finished the book The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, before that I didn't do too well in finishing the spin books, so my list below includes some former "spin" books (they will be marked with an asterisk).

1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte*
2. The Railway Children by E. Nesbitt*
3. The Secret Garden by Hodgson Burnett*
4. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
5. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
6. The Republic by Plato
7. Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens
8. The Idiot by Fyodor Doestoevsky
9. Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
10. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
11. Maggie: A Girl of the Streets by Stephen Crane
12. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
13. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
14. The Oregon Trail by Francis Parkman
15. Private Yankee Doodle by J.P. Martin
16. The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine
17. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
18. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
19. Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens
20. The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain

13 comments:

  1. Your list is quite awesome. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wives and Daughters is a popular book this spin; I've seen it on a few lists, including mine! I loved The Magician's Nephew and Jane Eyre was wonderful! Are you dreading The Republic? I have it to read to and I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From a previous Spin I am about halfway through Jane Eyre but never finished it. I figured if it was chosen then it would encourage me to finish it. The Republic might be interesting, but then again it might now be. Whenever I read it hopefully it will at least be interesting and not dreadful. I would rather going into reading a book with the thought of not liking it and finding it was very enjoyable, than really being excited about a book and it is a huge disappointment. If we both get Wives and Daughters we will have to compare notes and see what we thought of it. Good luck on the spin as well.

      Delete
  3. You have quite a few old favorites on your list, and a couple I haven't heard of. Good luck in the spin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given me a few new ones to investigate! Anxious to see what all of us will be reading/reviewing for May 15! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to give others and find myself new authors or books to read. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I also have Little Dorrit and Secret Garden on my list, and you have many other great options as well. Hope you enjoy the event and your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, perhaps we might get the same book. Good Luck!

      Delete
  7. Good luck tomorrow - you have done great titles - I hope you find time to finish your old spins too - I'm still making my through The Brothers K for 2 spins ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck to you as well. How are you liking that book? I haven't read it, but want too sometime.

      Delete