Sunday, April 12, 2015

Upcoming Quilt Retreat

Every year I go on a retreat with several ladies from the quilt guild I belong too. They have about three a year but I only go to one. Planning what to bring is always I think an issue, the  first year I had no idea what to bring, so I brought lots of projects with me. I didn't think that much ahead and should have pre-cut fabrics. Last year I did precut some fabrics and brought only a few projects with me. My original plan for this year was to bring two pillowcase projects, bring a quilt that I need to complete the backing and then quilt it, and precut fabric to make a small child's quilt. Yesterday, I was using my sewing machine when I ran into issues with it, I think it needs to be serviced and given a tune up. Every project I had thought about bringing has now changed.  I will now take all handwork and even some counted cross stitch work with me. I have precut several fat quarters and even half yards of fabric into 2 inch squares so I can work on a English Paper Piecing project that I have started. I will also be taking a small applique wall hanging with me. The only other projects I am taking are counted cross stitch items, the Good Morning with the rooster and the Music Is Love, Love Is Music (previously shown about two posts ago). I was thinking about bringing another quilting or applique project with me, but then thought I might not focus on them enough. I really want to get quite a bit done, especially since I have not even basted that many hexagons for the English Paper Piecing Project or even cut the fabric from the applique wall hanging kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment