Sunday, November 9, 2014

Classics Spin #8!!

So I realized I haven't posted on here in a long time. How time flies, anyways it is time for another classic spin.

  If you have read my blog before, then you will recognize the first ten books, were all previous spin list or event books that I have yet to finish. I hope that I get something that is somewhat a light read.


  1. Heart of Darkness and selected short stories by Joseph Conrad
  2. Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
  3. Germinal by Emile Zola
  4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  5. The Railway Children by E. Nesbit
  6. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  8. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  9. Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
  10. The Secret Garden by Hodgson Burnett
  11. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
  12. Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
  13. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
  14. Rights of Man by Thomas Paine
  15. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
  16. Love Letters of Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn
  17. The Pioneers by James Fenimore Cooper
  18. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
  19. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
  20. The memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln
What book on your list are you hoping to read or dreading? I have tried to read Conrad's books and gotten stuck. I am in the first part of Walden but not finding it very interesting, and I have heard the second part is better. I am about halfway through Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility, and finding I am liking Jane Eyre more than I originally thought I would. I have read a few chapters in Germinal and found it quite interesting, as well as War and Peace (although trying to remember all of the characters and their nicknames is a huge challenge). I have previously read The Outsiders multiple times, but for books listed 12-20 I have never read and just listed ones that I thought sounded interesting. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see you back again:-)

    Good luck - I hope this spin is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete