1. Read 12 books on my "to be read" list for at least one year, and books publication dates must be before 1/1/2014. Rereads are not allowed. There are two books I can add as a substitute in case we are not able to get through two of them on our original list.
2. Complete and final list of our books we will be reading, must be blogged by Jan 15, 2015.
3. Monthly Check-Ins early month on the 15th.
For the official rules and to see about the giveaway check here
Here is my list:
- Germinal by Emile Zola (1885)
- Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens (1841)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (1869)
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (1869)
- Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens (1857)
- Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson (1886)
- The Secret Garden (1911)
- We Took to the Woods by Louise Dickinson Rich (1942)
- Nella's Last War: The Second World War Diaries of housewife, 49 by Nella Last (2006)
- The Titled Americans by Elisabeth Kehoe (2005)
- Four Queens: The Provencal Sisters Who Ruled Europe by Nancy Goldstone (2008)
- Once A Grand Duchess: Xenia, Sister of Nicholas II by John van der Kiste (2004)
Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian (1970)
The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball (2011)
Do you plan on joining the challenge?