Monday, May 18, 2015

Spin Results and Review

 I am only two days late in finishing and three late in posting my progress on the Classics Spin results that ended on May 15th. It has been quite a few spins since I was able to finish a book. My book for this spin was The Railway Children by E. Nesbit. So what are my thoughts for this book? It was ok wasn't the best book but wasn't horrible either. This is of course a child's book and I can see how it would be appealing to children who loved trains or a little adventure. Basically, the story entails about a few siblings who for unknown reasons to them, are made to leave London with their mother and move to the country. It is then about the people they met and a few adventures, which as an adult become rather predicable, but to a child might not be. Even though later on you find out why they moved and how come the father was no longer involved in their lives, one issue isn't quite resolved for sure, they give you a hint who you assume is correct later on but never say for sure. I give it a 3 out of 5, perhaps if I was younger it would have been given a higher rating. The next book I will be reading for the Classics Club is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

No comments:

Post a Comment