Sunday, September 27, 2015

Banned Books Week!

Defend the Freedom to Read. It

Tomorrow starts the week of Banned Books Week. I am a person that feels strongly no book should ever be banned, no matter what the subject, theme, etc. You don't want to read a certain book, that is fine, there are several in my lifetime that I will never read, but don't limit that or push that on someone else. Everyone has their own tastes in books.

So what book am I going to read for this week? I am not sure but I will be picking a classic. There are now 97 books that were once banned and are now considered classics such as;

Of Mice and Men
The Grapes of Wrath
To Kill A Mockingbird
Gone With The Wind
1984
The Call of the Wild
For Whom The Bell Tolls
The Lord of the Flies
etc., etc., If you want to see the complete list of classics here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment