Saturday, June 11, 2016

How is my vegetable garden doing?

Earler this spring I planted lots of different variety of vegetables; cucumbers, corn, green beans, sunflower, red and yukon potatoes, onion, carrots, lavender, basil, rosemary, oregano, peas, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc. However, not all of them made it and most of the ones that didn't I never replanted by seed; lavender, sunflower, tomatoes, basil, rosemary, oregano and cucumber. I ended up purchasing one plant of bell peppers, tomatoes, basil, rosemary and oregano. I really wish that I would have gotten more, and next year I already have different plans for a bigger garden. The soil isn't very good where I live so I have pots and raised bed. Next year, I plan on having several cinder gardens. I think some of the potatoes are getting close to being harvested and I planted a lot. Here are the pictures of my garden this morning. I see that two small bell peppers are starting and on the green beans that two small beans have appeared, so far the other bush bean plants haven't produced anything. I planted the basil with the tomatoes and the carrots with the onions. I think I needed a bigger container for the onions and carrots though.














No comments:

Post a Comment