Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Christmas In Apple Ridge Review...

This is a three in one book by called Christmas In Apple Ridge by Cindy Woodsmall. I will do a review of the three stories individually and then as a whole. I believe the first two books have previously been released, but the third is brand new by the author. I was given a e-book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers for an honest review, I am not obligated to give a positive one. The first book is called The Sound of Sleigh Bells, that introduces us to Beth who is hiding a few secrets and is in mourning. She mets Jonah who is knows a few things about suffering and pain. Overall I thought this book was good, and it also shows us that we maybe hiding things even from ourselves in order to deal with life. My few complaints was that there wasn't enough of a sense of community. However, this maybe also due to the book being short, which happens with three books in one. The ending did seem rushed. The next book is The Christmas Singing which introduces Mattie and Gideon, who used to be together years ago, after their breaking up Mattie leaves the area. They run into each other later, and they still have things to settle. I really enjoyed this story and could see Gideon's side, and wasn't pleased all the time with Mattie's character after she found out more information about Gideon. The last book was The Dawn of Christmas and tells the story of Sadie and Levi. Their story is a meeting by chance and more about past loves with the affect they have on us and those around us. This book also includes previous characters from the other stories from the author. I thought this was really good to see as I really enjoy sequels, and always think just one novel tends to be rushed. I do hope that another sequel with all of the characters from the three books will be made later.

No comments:

Post a Comment