Friday, December 26, 2014

Classic Club Survey - Part II

 Yesterday I posted my answers to the first 10 questions of the classic club survey. So here are my answers for the next 10 questions:

11. Classic that inspired you? or scared you? made you cry? made you angry? 
hmm... The Outsiders, Oliver Twist, Ivanhoe, and Grapes of Wrath.

12. Longest classic you’ve read? Longest classic left on your club list? 
 The longest book I have read so far for the Classic Club I think is Ivanhoe with more than 500 pages. I assume the longest book left on my list would be War and Peace with approximately 1200-1300 pages.

13. Oldest classic you’ve read? Oldest classic left on your club list?
So far the oldest book that I have completed has been Pride and Prejudice, but the oldest on my list is The Republic written in 380 BC.

14. Favorite biography about a classic author you’ve read — or, the biography on a classic author you most want to read, if any? None

15. Which classic do you think EVERYONE should read? Why? 
See my answers to question 11. Sometimes I like books that make you think or give you a broader view of various issues on things, course that means you don't have to agree with what an author wrote but just think more about your own opinion and see what others think.

16. Favorite edition of a classic you own, if any?  
I have some nice hardback issues of War and Peace, Pride and Prejudice, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Northanger Abbey.

17. Favorite movie adaption of a classic? 
The extended version of the Outsiders, Emma with Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller (plays on US version of Elementary), and Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth.

18. Classic which hasn’t been adapted yet (that you know of) which you very much wish would be adapted to film. I can't think of one at the moment.

19. Least favorite classic? Why? Heart of Darkness, see part I for my answer as to why

20. Name five authors you haven’t read yet whom you cannot wait to read
Thomas Hardy, Gluckel of Hameln, Thomas Paine, Louisa May Alcott, James Fenimore Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment