Saturday, December 27, 2014

Classic Club Survey - Part III

 I have previously answered 20 questions but forth by the Classics club in previous posts. Here are my answers to the next ten questions:

21. Which title by one of the five you’ve listed above most excites you and why? 
This was a close one but I would have to say The Memoirs of Gluckel Hameln, just because of the history aspect and insight into someones daily life in the 1690's.

22. Have you read a classic you disliked on first read that you tried again and respected, appreciated, or even ended up loving? (This could be with the club or before it.) 

Nope, but I have read a few books which I thought I would absolutely not like and ended up liking it.

23.Which classic character can’t you get out of your head? 

Off the top of my head I can think of several: Emma Woodhouse, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Mr. Darcy, Anne Shirley, Hermoine Granger, Harry Potter, Ponyboy Curtis, and Scout.

24. Which classic character most reminds you of yourself? 
Probably a mix between Laura Ingalls Wilder, Hermione Granger, and Anne Shirley.

25.Which classic character do you most wish you could be like? 
I have never really thought of that and can't immediately think of an answer right now.

26.Which classic character reminds you of your best friend?
 I have not a clue

27.If a sudden announcement was made that 500 more pages had been discovered after the original “THE END” on a classic title you read and loved, which title would you most want to keep reading? Or, would you avoid the augmented manuscript in favor of the original? Why? 

There are so many books that I would have wanted to keep reading after "the end." I guess it depends on what is in the extra 500 pages, does it have more background information and ties of questions never answered or give more insight into a character and their thoughts? Or if the book was more of a mystery at the end as to what really happened, does it answer those questions? If the extra pages didn't answer any of these to add anything extra I don't think I would want to read it then.

 28. Favorite children’s classic? 
How can you only pick one? I think book wise it would be Laura Ingalls Wilder as I enjoyed the Anne of Green Gables miniseries better than the books.

29. Who recommended your first classic? 
I can't really remember but assume it would have been my sister or an elementary teacher.

30. Whose advice do you always take when it comes to literature. (Recommends the right editions, suggests great titles, etc.) 
No one really, some people might suggest a book and I look into it, to see if I think I would like it or not. I have had it were sometimes then I enjoyed the book and other times I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment